RSS Feed

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Black Swan is the Ugly Duckling

"Oooooh I'm so edgy, I'm so creepy and sexual and different. Not. I'm actually just re-telling Girl-Interupted with feathers and leotards. I'll even cast Winona Ryder."


What is the point of creative cinemetography and beautiful special effects, when at the end of the movie I still want my 2 hours back?

Darren Aronofsky, nice try, but next time don't be the world's biggest cop-out.

Sorry Portman, this time it's not your fault. I just expected your director to not fall asleep at the reel when it was time to deliver an ending that met the expectations of all the over-zealous foreshadowing. Either that or AT LEAST not make the simple premis SO OBVIOUS and make us expect the unexpected, just to have it RIPPED out from under our feet with the incredibly anticlimatic truth that, no, there was actually no more story to tell.

2 comments:

Iradonian said...

Wow, harsh, not something I expect from a Darren Aronofsky review... I'm still not sure if I want to see this one, since ballet is not really my cup of tea (or coffee in my case). Although, neither is wrestling and I liked "The Wrestler" a lot.
What to do... :-p
I posted my top ten movies of the year on my blog. The review is in Dutch, but you should be able to recognise most of the movies if you're interested ;-)

x

Arne

Maelina de Grasse said...

Lol yes well I'm sure many people won't agree with me. I really want to see the Wrestler though1

I'll totally check out your blog...even though the Dutch will be total gibberish to me! haha...

Cheers!

Meena :)

Post a Comment