RSS Feed

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My OLYMPICS 2010 ADVENTURE: Day Five


Hurry up and wait.

Andy Bryce's favorite expression. Well that basically describes my past two days. Not much to do on the audio prep side of things. But, have been having a blast nonetheless!

Met Arner yesterday. He's become sort of our boss. A friendly little Belgian guy, whom we always run up to exclaiming: "ARRRNNNEERRRR!!!! jobsjobsanyjobsforusanyjobs?" I'm assuming we are kind of annoying, lol, but he's got a good sense of humor.

My first time meeting Arner, he was sitting with us at lunch, having a conversation about his time here in Canada with Corey, one of our fellow AAs (Audio Assistants).

Arner: "We spent the first few days having to shuttle back and forth everyday to Vancouver, since our accommodation is here in whistler, but we were working in Van. So it was 3 hours both ways everyday. It's amazing... 3 hours in belgium gets you from one end of the country to the other. You can FIT Belgium between Whistler and Vancouver!!!"

Lol he's a great guy and good for a laugh. He gave us a tour of the control rooms on the trucks. Pretty freakin awesome.
We meet a lot of great people on site. The technical crew are all from either Finland, Belgium, Russia, or Norway. At least in our particular venue. They have some great stories.

The event stadiums are awesome. Watching the Biathlon Athletes do their thing is so awesome. They are all so RIDICULOUSLY FIT. Seriously, they make me think of Avatar people (Na'avi) because they are all tall and lean and muscular and look like super humans.

Obviously, those aren't the athletes, those are volunteers. But this is the shooting range. Check out my facebook for loads of better pics!


On another note, I have also discovered that Hayley, a fellow ACP (!!!) thinks I'm freakin hysterical. Well, I guess I do a lot of strange things, or say a lot of odd things, and most of my friends are just used to it I suppose. But pretty much everything I say sets Hayley into hysterics, and then I start laughing because she's laughing, and I realize how stupid I may have sounded, and then she starts laughing even more because I have a ridiculous laugh, and then I start crying because I do that when I laugh really hard. We feed of eachother, it's so awesome. lol. And then everyone stares.

Hayley and I hanging signs. oooooooer.
I feel like I'm having more fun everyday. It just keeps getting better. Even when we aren't doing a lot, I'm having a blast. Today, we hung signs on a scaffolding, and it took like 8 minutes, and that was pretty much all we did that was productive all day, but somehow it was so much fun. I have seriously have laughed more in the past 3 days, then I have in a loooonnnggg time. Possibly since my mom did a spontaneous and disturbingly accurate impression of Golum. Anyway, to quote Monica, I feel like I have a hanger in my mouth the whole time.


OH and I can't forget, I got my uniforms!! So people are calling us smirfs...whatever. It's awesome. Package includes:
  • Two white thermal shirt with red and blue shoulders that are padded and strangely reminiscent of startreck....
  • One liner jacket that says Host Broadcaster on the back that's actually really nice.
  • One Heavy winter coat
  • One set of gloves
  • One Neck Gater (so awesome, lol)
  • One pair of matching blue snow pants
  • One pair of black cords (which I will likely burn)
  • One toque, which everyone seems to loath, but I don't mind so much

Ventured into Whistler Village for an evening which was awesome. A bunch of us went out for dinner. But before that, we went wandering around and I visited with Quachi and friends :) haha, so awesome.

Anyway, I have TONS of photos on facebook, so check em out :)

Till Next Time,

Meena

2 comments:

Claire de Grasse said...

Hey Maeline - Glad to hear you are having fun! I'll check out your facebook photos.,

HAVE fun and keep out of trouble!

CdeG

Maelina de Grasse said...

Thanks! :) And thanks for reading and commenting :) I know people read my blog, but I kinda forget that they do until I get comments! haha it's like proof :P

Love Meena

PS. Take care of Mom for me :)

Post a Comment