RSS Feed

Friday, February 5, 2010

MY OLYMPICS 2010 ADVENTURE: Day One

Well, I made it in once piece. To be honest, I felt like I would never actually get here. We've been talking about doing this for almost a year now, but it still feels so unreal. Even as I'm sitting here in a stranger's house (ridiculously nice and accommodating strangers mind you) I still feel like I'm not going to be 5 feet away from olympic athletes in less than 36 hours.

The drive up was good. Uneventful really. I made a stop in Duncan to visit Adrien and his sister with her NEW BABY DAYTON :) so cute! Then I JUST BARELY made it to the ferries. Seriously, the lady was like, okay you have ONE MINUTE to catch this ferry heresyourchangegogobye!!!! lol she was awesome. And I made it on behind all the trucks and such. Good times.

The drive to squamish, Brackendale actually, was easy as pie. I even stopped to take pictures because the sea-to-sky highway has such a beautiful view... Mind you there was still construction going on, so there were a bunch pylons I had to skirt around, which was annoying, but other than that, it was fine.


I figured out how to disable the wireless internet security and my host's house because they couldn't remember the password, and so I am successful set up all nicely in my room! Yay me :)


Tomorrow, I take a venture out into Squamish to find the bus depots and such. Tonight, early bedtime!

COMING SOON: Pics of me in my olympics clothing! haha I will be so layered and colorful I will look like an easter egg!

Ciao!

2 comments:

Claire de Grasse said...

Nice to see you're having a nice time....glad to see you got the wireless working!

Maelina de Grasse said...

yay internet! lol

Post a Comment