RSS Feed

Saturday, February 6, 2010

MY OLYMPICS 2010 ADVENTURE: Day Two

The view from outside the house I'm staying at. And look, there's my little Audrey 2!  Wave at her! :)


Ventured out this morning to find where the shuttles are located. Theolympic security guys manning the bus stations are SUPER nice, and really helpful. Finding my closest pick up location was easy. Ironically when I called my Norwegian supervisor this morning, he said he'd call me back about when I would be starting. Conversation went something like this:

Andreas: YES.
Me: Um, Hi, my name's Maelina and I'm calling about my first day of work.
Andreas: You do what?
Me: Audio Assistant and the Nordic Biathlon.
Andreas: You stay where?
Me: Brackendale, just outside of Squamish.
Andreas: Yes. Okay. We need to find out how you come here. okay. I call you back later. Bye.
Me:.....?

So turns out I figured it all out on my own, so when I came back home today, I called back and told him when the bus was and what time it ran.

Andreas: YES.
Me: Hi there, this is Maelina I spoke with you this morning about my first day tomorrow...
(insert my schpeel here)
Andreas: It come in morning?
Me: Yes, every hour.
Andreas: Okay, it be good if you take bus that get you here for 8 am.
Me: And my shift would start shortly after that?
Andreas: No shifts now. You come and we meet whole team. We find out how many people, and our needs, and then you get shifts or you just come all day, overtime.
Me:...Great.
Andreas: See you in morning! buh-bye.

The only thing I can hope for is to not work later than 9 or so...the last shuttle to brackendale is at 930 and it would really suck if I missed it.

I also love walmart. I forgot a few things and picked them up today for like 9 bucks. rock on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment