RSS Feed

Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Camosun = 750 BONES

The My Camosun Contest is a one minute video that is supposed to depict was Camosun College means to you. I was inspired when I heard the the song "One Tribe" by Black Eyed Peas, and instantly knew what I wanted to do. I was pretty excited because it was simple, effective, and really easy to shoot.


Anyway, I guess it paid off because I WON FIRST PRIZE!!!


aka, 750 big ones! I can't believe it! I should buy myself something as a treat...but what to buy...? Hmm.




Anywho, next project is to...well okay let's be honest, there's more than one project on the go. Here's the major ones:
  • Take 5 Newsletter (an Applied Communication Publication): Christi and I are doing layout and photography. We're going with a Web 2.0 theme. :)
  • Photography Photoshop Assignment: A shot of someone in a scene or pose that clearly depicts their job, then edit it (levels, layers, touchups, etc)
  • Publishing Photoshop Assignment: Combine some of your own photos, or creative commons photos from the web, to create a whole new scene. For this I think I am going to use some of the photos from the Sunhawk Band shoot. I did a lot of editing and subbing in certain shots, because sometimes I liked one of the guy's expressions in one shot, but like the expression of the other two guys in another...anyway, the only reason why I'm a little skeptical is quite often I only combined 2 photos, actually I think I only ever combined 2 photos, and although they are very well edited, I feel like it's a bit of a cop out, considering everyone else is doing something really obvious....anyway, whatever, I'll figure it out.
  • Sunhawk: Finish editing the photos
Okay, it's almost time for work now, so I'm going to DRIVE down. woop woop.

Till next time Kidlies <3

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment